Relationship with AIMIP
Members also have responsibilities to the Association and its Members. They should:
- Ensure a transparent relationship with the Association based on trust, respect, responsibility and integrity.
- Aim to seek opportunities to support the work of the Association and to promote its values to others.
- Treat AIMIP officers, other Members and AIMIP employees with the same respect they would wish to be given.
- Ensure that their membership of the Association is not used in any way to suggest that they hold a professional qualification which they are not entitled to.
- Ensure that any conduct, promotion or public announcement to which they or their name are connected does not bring the Association, or another Member, or their profession into disrepute.
- Advise the Association of any members who are not following its rules or this Code and advise AIMIP of anyone wrongly representing themselves as a Member.
- Aim to ensure that the expected standard of technical competence is maintained and that they are always informed of current developments, in order to ensure that they remain competent to carry out their role, by undertaking appropriate professional development.